Welcome!

Street poetry is defined as:

Is a form of urban poetry which is characterized by its use of slang and/or use of language that is traditionally used by oppressed people or small groups;

Extracted from Urban dictionary





Sunday, May 29, 2011

Meditate 1

I sit and float on the highest mountain peak,
I peak over the clouds and look around,
then up, I see the stars, then down, I see the earth,
side to side I see the curvature in the horizon,
then I look inside,
I stare in wonder,
one with the moment,

I sit and meditate,
thoughts like kites floating away,
feelings passing by, like the cars passing you by,
flashing and moving pictures, like toddlers in the playground
in the blink of the eye, the moment stops,
the cars stop, the kite freezes, the kids stop moving,
everything is frozen but the trees,
the branches sway, a sweet rhythm,
I walk in circles, to confuse my compass,
fuse mind and body, the clock melts and drips on the grass field,
time is prisoned and the mind is free from the cage,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2009 Street Poetry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator