Welcome!

Street poetry is defined as:

Is a form of urban poetry which is characterized by its use of slang and/or use of language that is traditionally used by oppressed people or small groups;

Extracted from Urban dictionary





Monday, May 2, 2011

No longer a slave

They put braces on our ankle,
we try to move and mangle,
a sea of locks unable to untangle,
we are shackled,

Searching for the truth,
it seems so obscure,
no matter how obscure,
it is a powerful cure,
a cure for our insecurities,
the perfect immunity,

The government put a gun to my head,
the government place cement on my legs,
pointed the gun at me and said,
feeling the cold barrel on my forehead,
be a slave or be dead,

So I obey,
whatever they say,
call me a slave,
I just want to live the dream,
they slip me a pill,
put me to sleep,
sedation is an easy way to
prison our will,

But I woke up,
I saw the light and chose to get up,
see money is not evil, nor is it good,
merely a tool,
think of it as a key,
more money more keys,
I'm searching for the door of freedom

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2009 Street Poetry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator