Welcome!

Street poetry is defined as:

Is a form of urban poetry which is characterized by its use of slang and/or use of language that is traditionally used by oppressed people or small groups;

Extracted from Urban dictionary





Monday, March 14, 2011

Words vs Ink?

so I try to retract, say what? I didn't say that, get back words, get back thoughts, stammer, pounding my head like a hammer, ooops, golly gosh, is that me, do I sound so posh, not spice but that is my only silly vice, think twice, but with the ink I think once, I talk in baby steps but write in bounces, so how many times have I stumbled and fumbled, only to feel sorry for myself, so I kiss the unsavory heel, so raise your tongues if you know how this feels, blow me a kiss, send me a wish, pray for my words match my verbs and I don't sound like a turd, cos I am a frog when I talk so I wince and sigh, but a prince when I write with fierce pride, am I just a puppet with a pen? and the real voice are my thoughts guiding me, so when I stutter please hide me, bury me deep within my pages, let me sit with my sages, If only I can show them my pages, maybe they won't think so lowly, but I know I am holy, I wish they can see the whole of me.

Inspired by:http://www.everypoet.net/poetry/blogs/kathywrites/when_i_write_0#comment-63409

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2009 Street Poetry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator