Welcome!

Street poetry is defined as:

Is a form of urban poetry which is characterized by its use of slang and/or use of language that is traditionally used by oppressed people or small groups;

Extracted from Urban dictionary





Sunday, March 13, 2011

I want you

I'm sorry I can't be perfect too,
Sometimes I don't think I am right for you,
So I write this with all great intentions,
I'm sending the mailman this devotion

I'm sending out the kisses, the hugs,
the misses, the goodbyes, the hellos, 
the moans, the groans, the love, sweet cinnamon,
hot chocolate sundays, blockbuster saturdays, dinner for two fridays, 
and the love making weekdays

You are right, we don't get along, and this is not enough
and I know you have tried, but baby, im sending pretty wings,
take me back and i'll change everything, let me know what you want
and I'll do it, send me back to your hugs, let me lay on the crest between your head and neck, my haven when I feel burdened, let me get lost in your smile once again, take me back, the night can have its dark, the sun can have its yellow, the sky can have its blue, but I just want you

Inspired by:http://www.everypoet.net/poetry/blogs/casey_dalton/i_039_m_not_perfect#comment-63400

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2009 Street Poetry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator