Welcome!

Street poetry is defined as:

Is a form of urban poetry which is characterized by its use of slang and/or use of language that is traditionally used by oppressed people or small groups;

Extracted from Urban dictionary





Saturday, July 16, 2011

Back right up

I pick up the pen from the graveyard, I stand infront of the army with the pen as my guard, the ink as the light, the burning passion as my guide, but still breathing and listening to the sound of the universe, slowly as the flower unfurls, the preschool girl dances and twirls, from the scientist to the pothead, just struggling to look for a new consciousness, sometimes I sit and let the smoke drift from my lips, and I stop and think, where time is not present, clock freezes this moment, something we can enjoy, a beautiful peace, like a painting, only with detachment we can enjoy, the life we weren't meant to destroy, a golden boy sitting infront of the stage with a toy, peace, peace, he screams before the deceased, but the dead and the living have no peace, they try to find the broken pieces, but I stand right up to God and say that I am yours for the taking, life will only reveal itself if you will

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2009 Street Poetry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator