Welcome!

Street poetry is defined as:

Is a form of urban poetry which is characterized by its use of slang and/or use of language that is traditionally used by oppressed people or small groups;

Extracted from Urban dictionary





Saturday, March 5, 2011

a far ride.. oh school

just some thoughts for the mind... what if i was born with blue eyes, do i have to struggle for a dime, and if my hair was blonde and beautiful, would i have to worry about the job interview, what if my skin was black and thick, would i still get weird stares if i said i love the hip to the hop, trying to bubble these thoughts out like soda pop, and if i said i like you and you liked me, can we still wait on it and not rush it, cos love burns fast like a short candle, but i want ours to last forever, eternal, im traveling the education stairway, i could take the elevator up but i messed up the first couple of steps now im left with heavy bags strapped tight on my aching back while i walk the infinite number of steps, cos i know my future is waiting for me on the penthouse suite, i can picture it, i close my eyes and envision it, white leather sofa, my wife preparing champagne and strawberries, toasting to the good life, the sweet life, staring at the stars on the balcony, then looking down below me, the view is always different and you think of all the steps you took to get to this day, and you look at the stars and say, everything was suppose to happen this way, but that aside, that is still a very far ride...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2009 Street Poetry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator