Welcome!

Street poetry is defined as:

Is a form of urban poetry which is characterized by its use of slang and/or use of language that is traditionally used by oppressed people or small groups;

Extracted from Urban dictionary





Saturday, March 5, 2011

imagery

with my back against the wall, shoulders strapped to the concrete laden walls, hands cuffed, my body hanging, its hot, sweat cascading along the wrinkles of my body, and as i turn my head up, there infront of me, i look and stare, while my body in the air of the heat remains bare, my future on a mantle piece, waiting for me to grab a piece, mentally and soulfully piecing the right ingredients and formulas to overcome my fears, while my peers laugh with beer bellies, while they relax and unwind in smokers paradise, im down in hell, battling with my vices, lending my ear to the preacher that preaches bad advices while im salivating over this whores caress, and my soul is asking how will i overcome this, drenched portrait painted by the colours of this hellish abyss, hells gates are guarded by a preying mantis, preying on the shoulders of the extravagant bitch that swipes her credit card on her next coach bag, but inside she just painfully weeps, a painful screech and cry, why do i have to keep up with societies highway, why am i walking barefoot in the fast lane in the expressway, but i just sit back, write and type the thoughts i just had, expressing away with words, adjectives, and each syllable is a syllabus of each second that occurs in my universe, therefore each verse is a world in itself, waiting to be written, waiting to be carved in facebook, where we place our faces infront of millions, and millions, and millions,... peace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2009 Street Poetry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator