Welcome!

Street poetry is defined as:

Is a form of urban poetry which is characterized by its use of slang and/or use of language that is traditionally used by oppressed people or small groups;

Extracted from Urban dictionary





Wednesday, March 2, 2011

abandon me

why did you walk away, why did you leave me, i am from your skin, i came from you, in you out and within, 9 months i was with you, why did you, where is dad, why did you fight, i heard it all, during the 9 months we had, where is he, did he leave me, why did he, how could he, was it because of me, that you and he, departed so easily, separated, please tell me, i can't speak but, i understand, 9 pounds, 9 months to make, half you and half of him, why did you leave, was i a mistake, what is my name, i lived in your belly, when you were hungry i got hungry, when you cried, i wept, when he hit you, i got scared, i saw it all, my eyes peeped through the small belly button, i was in the middle of if all, when you smoked, i felt the fumes, when you drank, i felt misused, even just a little liquor i felt it drip down my umbilical, one night in your belly, i was fast asleep, i could hear you snore, then all i heard was screams, all i heard was shouts, i was only a fetus, i wish i could escape this, mommy where are you, are you ok, mommy why are you hurt, try to escape, those were the nights, those were the days, i remember as a bump in my momma's stomach, im glad you love me, and sometimes, when the nights are quite, i feel you, i feel what you go through, it makes me smile sometimes when you rub on your tummy, and it hurts sometimes when you sleep and roll over your me, oh mommy, and i know sometimes you get worried, worry about if daddy will stay and father me, worry about if you are good enough to mother me, but don't worry, just a couple of months, ill be with you shortly, truly yours, your baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2009 Street Poetry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator